MISS MOOX + Paint and Wall Treatments

I'm Seeing Stripes

When stripes are bad: horizontally on your clothing, on your body when you missed spots with the sunscreen or if you find yourself wearing prison garb. When stripes are good: on the American flag, Stripes: The Movie, The White Stripes (some might say) or the bold stripes in these amazing interiors! Painting stripes on a wall (or ceiling) is not for everyone but as you can see, the technique totally paid off in the rooms featured above because it was well thought out and perfectly executed. By using contrasting colors, you can create a shocking amount of interest in a room but you have to totally go for it! If a subtle look is more your style, try doing a tone on tone treatment instead. After studying these images, I am feeling daring and kinda want to go paint something totally unexpected in stripes...like the interior of my coat closet! (I know, I know, I'm W-I-L-D!)

~Images: 1) Mary McDonald's Office Featured in Domino Feb 2006 2) Mary McDonald's Domino Feb 2009 3) Unknown 4) Domino Oct 2005 5) Domino Nov 2008 6) Unknown

art, inspiration, life, Mary McDonald, and more:

Relevant to: I'm Seeing Stripes + Paint and Wall Treatments