MISS MOOX + Trash to Treasure

Hunting & Fishing

Well, my version of hunting and fishing that is...combing junk stores, flea markets and antique malls! I wanted to share with you some of my recent finds from my hunting trips but I need to start by apologizing for the quality of these photos. (I desperately need a nice camera! It makes all the difference.) Hopefully I will have more after photos ASAP. I usually intend for these things to go to clients but they often end up residing with...you guessed it...moi!

Tobacco basket with a Lake City, SC label. I will probably hang it on a wall as a piece of art, much like the photo below...





And an iron gate I found in Savannah, Ga that I hope to back with an aged mirror. How fabulous, right?






An old farm spool that my carpenter is turning into one or two tables.

The Chinoiserie style dresser will be repaired, lacquered and finished off with new hardware. Love the Bentwood stool! Here it is in a room setting...








Some discounted fabric remnants that were too good to pass up...fabulous ikat print...aqua mohair...and this pink David Hicks print by Ashley Hicks is so much fun!

Great chevron trim remnants (perfect for pillows), cool shaped coral button and some fun vintage mother-of-pearl square buttons!


This Henredon parson's style table was a steal at $5 and will look great painted out but for now it lives here in on my landing...


(p.s. the "o" is actually a zero from the old Roper Hospital sign and p.p.s. the wonderful shrimp boat watercolor was created by my very talented father!)



I love the detail on the legs!

These old iron pieces have a great shape!



Before: Console

After: Console

~Images: Domino April 2007 and Kay Douglas' Florida Beach Home

art, Flea Markets/Antique Stores/Junk Shops, Furniture, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Hunting & Fishing + Trash to Treasure