MISS MOOX + Organizing

My J. Crew Confession/Obsession

Have you ever seen the show "Hoarders" on A&E? It is appauling. I mean, I cannot understand how people live amongst so much stuff! I do realize that is an actual mental condition and I truly feel sorry for those that are afflicted with this terrible illness. I, on the other hand, am the complete opposite in that I love, love, love to purge. With all that being said, I must admit to my one deep, dark hoarding secret...I collect J. Crew catalogs.

It might seem rather odd since I can no longer order their product but I just love them! I love the clothes, I love the photographs and I love looking at all the pretty, preppy people having fun! In a move a few years back, I realized that I had a serious problem when I found issues dating back to 1991 (anyone remember when Ty Pennington was on the cover? Way before he was famous. Yeah, well I had that one.). Tired of lugging them from house to house I got bold and threw them all out! Oh how I have regretted this decision. So much so that in 2005 I started collecting again.

As I was cleaning out my closet over the weekend, (and had just spent the week prior lecturing on the advantages of purging) I decided it was time once again to say farewell to my J. Crew catalogs-or at least weed some of them out. That is a fair compromise, right? But before doing so, I decided to scan in some of my favorites from the last few years before I bid them adieu. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have! Sniff, sniff.

This was my one attempt at making this post design related.


~Images: J. Crew 1) Oct 2008 2) Aug 2006 3) Holiday 2005 4) April 2007 5) Jan 2008 6) March 2008 7) April 2006

art, Fashion, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: My J. Crew Confession/Obsession + Organizing