MISS MOOX + Personal

Design Inspiration

A friend of mine once said, (Lisa if you happen to be reading I am talking about you! And while I am giving her a shout out I should mention that she is the founder of the hugely popular Aspen Fashion Week. Check it out! So proud of her success!) but I digress...so she once said to me "I am in awe of the creative process." And I couldn't agree more!

As a creative person, it is so interesting to me how other creative types get their inspiration. For example, aspiring Project Runway designer, Carol Hannah (from Charleston-woo hoo!) explained that her collection on the finale was inspired by the architecture from a visit to the Duke campus. Not surprising as fashion and interior design often go hand-in-hand. Eventually, runway trends trickle down into the design world this perhaps is most apparent in the use of color. Domino magazine use to have a section where they would take an outfit and directly translate it into a room. Some of my fellow bloggers have continued this task like Two Ellie did here or as shown here with Anthropologie.

Creative inspiration behind a design can come from anything-a recent trip, watching an old movie, listening to a song, or a crab. Yes, I said a crab. While going through my sister-in-law's photos on Facebook, I came across this photo from our summer vacation on Fripp. I was staring at this photo for an unusually long time I finally realized why...it has all of my favorite colors in it. I could literally design a house based on this silly little crab!

(Paint color doesn't translate very well via Internet but you get the idea!)

Now go get inspired!

~Images: 1-3) via Flikr 4) Personal 5) SherwinWilliams.com

art, Color, Fashion, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Design Inspiration + Personal