MISS MOOX + Personal

Savannah, Georgia

My dad and I went to Savannah last week to do a little shopping. It has become a bit of a tradition for us at Thanksgiving...a lil' father/daughter bonding. We hit up antique malls and some of the home decor shops. It's great, my dad follows me around and asks "What is that? Where would you use that? What are you buying that for?" It cracks me up but if I didn't love him so much it might put me over the edge. We laugh at all the "tourists" in line to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant then we stop for some lunch at Soho, a restaurant/art gallery that has the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had (and I am quite the grilled cheese connoisseur!).

The Paris Flea Market
A great shop that has country French inspired items and one-of-a-kind flea market finds. Also a great place to pick up design books. And this time of year it is fun to see how they take their style and decorate for Christmas!





I love the deer antler wreath!

SCAD Shop
A shop filled with student's art and creations from Savannah College of Art and Design. They have everything from oil paintings to dog clothes to organic soaps. I love seeing what creative minds come up with!

In typical Sidney fashion, I got a migraine so we had to cut the trip short however we did get to hit up a few of the main stops like Jere's Antiques a HUGE warehouse, I am talking 33,000 square feet HUGE, filled with antiques as well as a few other antique places along the river. All in all, it was fun and I bought some stuff that will be for sale on my new online shop, Eclectic Finds, debuting in January!

art, Christmas, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Savannah, Georgia + Personal