MISS MOOX + TV Reference

Is It A Pigeon Basket or A Coffee Table?


A basket for carrying pigeons.

A coffee table made out of a basket used for carrying pigeons.

Why not?

HGTV Dreamhome 2008

Coastal Living

Better Homes & Gardens

A Paris Market in Savannah

They are pretty much one-of-a-kind, as they are made from actual pigeon baskets with casters added on the bottom and a glass top to make it functional. But never fear, wait long enough and Pottery Barn will knock-it off and you can buy a mass produced one straight from their catalog. And so can your neighbor. And their neighbor. And so on and so on...

Do you remember the Friends episode where Rachel bought the Apothecary table at Pottery Barn but lied and told Phoebe that she got it at a flea market because Phoebe hates Pottery Barn? I actually saw that episode being filmed when I was in L.A. Still cracks me up...

"No no no, but I am mad! I am mad! Because this stuff is everything that is wrong with the world! And it's all sitting up in my living room and all I can think about is how I don't have that lamp!" - Phoebe Bouffay

art, Furniture, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Is It A Pigeon Basket or A Coffee Table? + TV Reference