MISS MOOX + life

Designer Tip: Lining

Let me preface this by saying I am by NO means putting down another designer's work. BUT I have learned this the hard way and thought I would share it with you so that you can learn it the easy way!

When you buy ready-made window treatments, chances are they come unlined. This is one of the reasons why ready-mades are inexpensive. (Note I said one of the reasons) This may or may not bother you. If it doesn't then stop reading. If it does, then you can always have lining added by a seamstress.

If you are making custom-made window treatments you should properly line them.

I think it is very important to properly line your window treatments. This is especially important when you are working with a print. See when the light shines through this fabric you totally loose the print. If these were lined with a blackout lining, they would, well, block out the light. Or use an interlining between the fabric and the regular lining. Perhaps this designer had a reason for making the window treatments the way she did again and perhaps it does not bother her. Again, I feel the need to say that I think this room is absolutely stunning and I am by no means putting down her work!

art, Designer Tip, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Designer Tip: Lining + life