MISS MOOX + Movies

The Help

I finally saw The Help last night. Man o' man did I cry my eyes out! I was literally exhausted from crying. Admittedly, I only read half the book. I put it down and never picked it up again (very rare for me as I always finish what I start) but I had a lot going on last summer and got distracted. Anyway, I wanted to do a post about the interiors of the homes but couldn't find any of the scenes I wanted to talk about. Bummer. Oh well, this will have to do...

The cabinets were a mint green color as was the peg board walls around the cabinets in the kitchen at Hilly Holbrook's house...

Emma Stone as Eugenia

Lots of floral wallpaper! It is the South after all.

Jessica Chastain as Celia Foote

I'll give someone a dollar if you tell me who makes this lamp? Because I know it is current but cannot place it! (Shine?)

Sissy Spacek as Missus Walters

P.S. Sissy Spacek was awesome!

Bryce Dallas Howard as Hilly Holbrook
Ahna O'Reilly as Elizabeth Leefolt
Anna Camp as Jolene French

I loved the jars in the pantry, glad we've come full circle on that.

Elizabeth Leefolt had this adorable Chinoiserie chest in her daughter's bedroom...

I also spotted a few familiar fabrics including one of my all time favs which was on a sofa in Skeeter's mom's house in the foyer.

(I think Kravet makes it but I know Calico Corners sells it as Debbie Floral)

This was the drapery fabric in Aibileen's house...

Royal Court

Duralee Duragard Chestnut

I wanted to show you more but I guess you will just have to go see the movie!

art, inspiration, life, Movie Reference, and more:

Relevant to: The Help + Movies