MISS MOOX + vintage

My Cottage Nest

As you all know...
I LOVE COTTAGE STYLE!
There are so many ways to achieve this charming, vintage look. My Gramma is my inspiration. No matter where she lived her home was a haven...a place of love and a gentle sweetness. She was not a woman of means but her home was always enchanting...a little piece of heaven!


This charming shelf has been in my home for over twenty years. It was originally brown, then red and now creamy white. My Gramma crocheted the beautiful white lace. She lovingly stitched it to my wedding pillowcases many years ago. After the pillowcases wore thin I carefully removed the lace and saved her lovely handiwork.
Nearly all the items...dishes, cups, the candlestand, creamers and sugar bowl were thrifted.
The only things I purchased new were the three candles and the "Cottage" sign.

Crocheted cotton lace made by my Gramma. Hasn't it made
a perfect edging on this pretty white shelf?

This darling cream and sugar is one of my favorite thrift shop treasures.
I paid a total of five dollars for them.

My sweet Mom-in-Love gave me this feminine little rocking chair
when we left Tennessee to move to Oregon.
I recovered the seat and fashioned a new cushion
out of discounted home decorating fabrics.
The country french scene is a fabric sample that I purchased for two dollars.
I added soft pink pompoms to add a bit of whimsy.

Not very pretty with books and baskets in view...

"SOLUTION"
A soft and pretty skirt. I made a waist band and added a skirt...
Just like I was making a wrap skirt for myself.

Would you believe I found this beautiful lamp at my local thrift shop?
It was on sale for sixteen dollars.
It had no shade and a very tattered cloth electric cord.
My hubby rewired it for me and I purchased a new shade.
I found the crystal trim on clearance and added it to give it a touch of elegance.

Oh, the things one can do with a can of spray paint!
The little chair and powder blue tray are items that I repainted.
They were originally brown.
The linens...
clock...
candle votif
and
baby shoes
were all thrifted finds.

My sweet little Zoey loves sitting by the fire. She is one of my three housekitties.
The blue and white nine patch quilt is something I made to disguise the large opening above the fireplace.
There are various items stored discreetly behind the quilt.
I made the white wicker chair cushions from discounted home decorator fabric.
I shopped at Joanns and waited to use my 50% coupon to purchase the fabric.

Yes...I spray painted the little thrifted blue basket.
It provided the perfect place to display some of my handmade pillows.
I perched it atop a trio of hatboxes that provide storage for odds and ends.
My cats love napping in this chair in the late afternoon.

I love having special quiet times in my blue plaid chair.
The big chair and the matching loveseat used to be in our living room.
The ottoman is cushy and my kitties love curling up at my feet.
The quilt lying on the ottoman is one that I found thrifting . I only paid ten dollars for it.
It is snuggly, soft and in perfect condition.

Thank you, my dear friends, for your kind visit to my Cottage Nest.
I hope you'll come back...
I have more to share...
and, lots of helpful and inexpensive tips.

Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

"The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22

favorite, home, HOPE, house, love, room, time, and more:

Relevant to: My Cottage Nest + vintage