MISS MOOX + life

Grace Kelly and Hitchcock Style

I am not sure if I have mentioned my obsession with Hitchcock before or not but well, I am obsessed. The way he visually and mentally plays with all your senses, he is unlike any other film maker and watching his films is unlike any other movie watching experience. This might sound creepy but I saw my first Hitchcock film when I was in middle school I think and have now seen [almost] all of them. It was Rear Window and it has remained my favorite movie since that rainy Saturday afternoon. The second Grace Kelly appeared on the screen I remember thinking that she was the epitome of beauty, elegance and class. Before she even spoke, the way she carried herself with such grace and confidence was absolutely amazing! I was watching with my father and I remember asking who she was and my dad goes "Ahhh, that my dear is Grace Kelly." I remember thinking "Of course her name is Grace!" I watched this film many times in hopes that I would learn to be just like her when I grew up...much to my dismay, this has yet to happen.

I wore penny loafers all four years of high school and rolled my jeans like this and I still never magically turned into Grace Kelly. (sad face)

I also love her in To Catch a Thief which I watched again the other night. Once again she brings her confidence and style to this role like no other actress could.

This made me want to go out and buy driving gloves!

I know that I have referenced this book before here but if you are at all a fan of Hitchcock or fashion, then you will love this book Hitchcock Style!

Eclectic is a Charleston, South Carolina based full-service boutique interior design firm in specializing in the design of residential projects including entire homes and the styling of individual rooms. We also offer virtual e-design services. Please email sidney@eclectic-idg.com for additional information.

Eclectic is a retail shop/design studio located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina (just over the bridge from downtown Charleston, South Carolina) selling an array of vintage mid-century pieces, repurposed items, new products and locally made art with a fresh Modern meets Coastal aesthetic.

art, Eclectic, Eclectic Charleston, Grace Kelly, Hitchcock, Hitchcock Style, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Grace Kelly and Hitchcock Style + life