MISS MOOX + life

1960's Decorating

I have a copy of Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Ideas published in 1960 that my dad found for me at an antique store. I just love looking at old decorating books and seeing what current trends are based on previous decades. Most of the information is still pertinent today; Decorating on a Budget, Choosing Your Furniture and Color Facts. What surprised me was the entire chapter on "home offices," I didn't think people were really working at home until Mr. Brady did it on The Brady Bunch! Check out this article courtesy of flickr in which BH&G talks about the new "casual modern" decor style...interesting how many of the techniques we are using today!

Check out these interior shots. This first one looks a bit like Kelly Wearstler, doesn't it?

~Images: Better Homes & Gardens, published in 1960

art, inspiration, Interior Design, and more:

Relevant to: 1960's Decorating + life