MISS MOOX + My Portfolio

Displaying Your Child's Artwork

No budget for art? Well there might just be a budding artist in your own home! I love to display the chillin's artwork in my client's homes. It is such a personal touch and it makes the little one's feel so special! Even though I am not a parent, I know that the AMOUNT of artwork one child produces can get out of control so best to have a rotating display. And this article from Real Simple gives some helpful hints on sorting, storing and (ahem) discarding your child's artwork.

A Tack Strip (doesn't ruin your walls!)

Acrylic Box Frames (easy to change out!)

A gallery wall of matching frames. (Makes art look sophisticated!)

I had this bulletin board custom made for a client covered in linen to match the bench in the mudroom and finished off with nailheads and a gallery light to add to the "true artist" effect!

Other idesas: you could decoupage (yes, I said decoupage) artwork onto a large canvas for an abstract effect, use a clothesline which is very simple to change out, paint a wall (or section of a wall) with magnetic paint and attach artwork with bulldog clips. Have another idea, let me know!

~Images: 1) Real Simple 2) via bellemaison blog 3) Domino 4) Real Simple 5) Elle Decor 6) Home Mag 7) My portfolio

art, Artwork, Chillin's, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Displaying Your Child's Artwork + My Portfolio