MISS MOOX + life

Foo Dogs

I spy...

Something scary. I am gonna say it...not a fan. [Let's pause for all the boo-hisses I am getting right now.] And I am so sorry to Angie because I love your work and hate to feature your images in a post on something I don't like!!! But I think they are ugly and overly trendy. However, I did a little bit of research on their meaning and I am starting to understand these little guys a bit more, at least as an art form. Clearly they are lion-like and often stand guard in front of temples, government buildings and such to act as protector and defender of law. Due to their devilish appearance, they were often put in front of tombs to ward off evil spirits. They come in many shapes, sizes and colors and obviously embody a lot of rich Chinese history. I won't go so far as to say I will never buy a pair because I also swore I would never wear skinny jeans again (oops!).

~Images: 1) pieces.com 2) Domino 3) via myfavoriteandmybest blog 4) via designsponge 5) Pottery Barn (see my comment about being trendy!!!) 6 and 7) Designer Angie Hranowsky

Angie Hranowsky, art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Foo Dogs + life