MISS MOOX + life

American College of the Building Arts

The American College of the Building Arts (ACBA) is decicated to educating the next generation of building artisans and to preserving the building arts in a manner never before seen in America. Under the direction of our experienced faculty, students have the opportunity to recieve a quality liberal arts education while they learn to skills required to excel in their chosen field. This combination of education, training and access to highly experienced faculty is available nowhere else in the United States. The departments of study include: Stone, Carpentry, Forged Architectural Ironwork, Plaster Working, Preserved Masonry and Timber Framing.

I am speaking at their event on March 19 on how to incorporate custom details such as ironwork, woodwork, stone and plaster into interior design as well as how to repurpose old architectural pieces and elements into current interiors.

But I need help! I want to have as many visuals as I can to show the people that attend the event so I am asking for you to submit to me any photos of either interesting architectural details that you have used in your home or design projects OR old architectural pieces/elements that you have incorporated into your home or design projects. I will be featuring your photos on my blog (with your permission) and selecting a winner at random to receive one of my favorite books, For The Love of Old by Mary Randolph Carter. Please submit all photos to me sidney@eclectic-idg.com by Friday, March 11. Let me know if you have any questions! Here are some ideas to get you inspired!




Architectural Details, art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: American College of the Building Arts + life