MISS MOOX + life

Obsessed

I'm kinda obsessed with her. I wish I could get away with the things she says out loud. This might be my favorite quote of all time "I need people to stop grabbing my paint brush while I'm painting." All you designers out there can relate to this one I'm sure! Don't get me wrong, I love my clients but when they question every part of a design plan or want to change a few elements of a design plan, they don't understand that it alters (i.e. changes, diminishes, weakens, etc., etc., etc.) the design. If they would just TRUST, I guarantee they would love the end result. Because we make decisions based on ALL the elements combined so that there is a COHESIVE design. That is a hard thing to explain to a client, especially since they typically hire you because they cannot visualize the overall picture. The again, that is our job as a designer, to both explain our vision and to earn their trust. It isn't always easy and some clients get there quicker than others. Ok, stepping down off my soapbox...

Anyway, Mary is known for mixing modern and glamour into her designs but what I really love about her rooms are the bold statements she makes with the floors. Take a look for yourself...

If you like what you see, check out here book.

And watch her Tuesdays at 10:00 on Bravo in Million Dollar Decorators.
[No, I do not get paid for endorsing the show, I just like it a lot and want to keep in on the air!]

art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Obsessed + life