MISS MOOX + spoleto

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SERIES

Being home to one of the world's leading cultural festivals, Spoleto, and over thirty art galleries in downtown alone, it is fair to say that Charleston is well-known for its art scene! With so much inspiration surrounding us from the rich historical character to the breathtaking architecture to the poetic landscape of the Lowcountry, it is no wonder why so many artists are drawn to this city.

As an art lover, I enjoy exploring galleries and discovering new (to me) artists as well as up and coming artists. With the explosion of social media, it has been interesting to watch our local Charleston artists careers blossom into the mainstream via blogs, Instagram, etc. One of the main goals when I started my business was to support local artisans, craftsman, designers, etc. as I think it is important to SHOP LOCAL, if you will, and support your community. So in my business plan was an idea to feature a new local artist each month (or Charleston related/Eclectic friend). My first year with shop was a total blur so I am just now getting around to these plans in year number two (bare with me)! So with all that being said, I am happy to announce the ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SERIES at Eclectic!

Each month I will feature a new artist who has created an exclusive series of work just for Eclectic. This collection will be displayed in my brick and mortar shop for all to come and see (but only for that month!)! This is a great opportunity for you to be exposed to some new artists, see their work in person and get some amazing original art at fantastic price points! I will also be posting these pieces online so they can be purchased and shipped if you are not local.

I goofed the schedule in January and the storm has put us behind a bit in February BUT I will announce February's artist tomorrow! Stay tuned...

Eclectic is a Charleston, South Carolina based full-service boutique interior design firm in specializing in the design of residential projects including entire homes and the styling of individual rooms. We also offer virtual e-design services. Please email sidney@eclecticcharleston.com for additional information.

Eclectic is a retail shop/design studio located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina (just over the bridge from downtown Charleston) selling an array of vintage mid-century pieces, repurposed items, new products and locally made creations with a fresh Modern meets Coastal aesthetic.

art, artist spotlight, charleston artist, inspiration, life, shop local, and more:

Relevant to: ARTIST SPOTLIGHT SERIES + spoleto