MISS MOOX + vintage

Sweet & Simple

December is finally here! I love this time of year.When I was in the fourth grade I wrote this poem and entered it in a contest at my local elementary school."Birthday Celebration" Lights and tinselbells and ballsRed and Green and Gold.Make the simple green fir treeso lovely to behold.Mother in the kitchen nowbaking pies and cakescookies, candies, goodies, too,that only Mother makes.Santa stands and rings the bells.Time to celebrate.Christ was born and came to earthGod's gift of love so great. Carolynn Mae Austin Mintz 1959

"Cozy Christmas Pocket "
I filled this little pocket with a variety of homespun goodies.
Pinecones from my yard, a tiny candy cane, one green gingham bow, cinnamon sticks...
and, my very favorite...the small snowman that I stitched out of muslin.
It needed to be filled to the brim.
I stitched a swatch of cotton batting to the front of the tea stained pocket and then added a petite wreath and tiny charm.

Would you believe I thrifted this cute little vintage rocking horse planter?
I think it's perfect for holding candy canes, don't you?

"Lights and tinsel, bells and balls, red and green and gold..."

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall."
Laura Ingalls Wilder

"He tends His flock like a shepherd;
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young."
Isaiah 40:11 I am linking to all of my favorite blog parties and giveaways this coming week. I hope you will stop by my sidebar and visit each lovely blog.

art, Christmas, cottage, favorite, gifts, god, Heart, home, HOPE, kitchen, life, love, time, and more:

Relevant to: Sweet & Simple + vintage