MISS MOOX + love

Little Quilts

Update...Still Waiting For Our Little Grandbaby to make his debut. He is one week overdue and we are praying for his arrival in the next few days. Thank you for your prayers!

Welcome To Little Quilts Around The House...
My favorite quilt shop in the southeast is "Little Quilts" in Marietta, Georgia.
A favorite quilting book of mine is one of their delightful publications.

"By The Light Of The Silvery Moon"

I made this little quilt for my Mom for Christmas a few years ago...
Do you see the hand carved red cardinal perched in the antique bread making bowl?
It was crafted by my husband's Grandmother, Annie Grant Keeling.

"Little House In The Big Woods"For several years I taught classes at my local quilt shop.This is the sample from the first miniature quilt class I taught.

"Aunt Jenny and Uncle Pink"My sweet husband gave me this pair of hand carved, jointed wooden dolls.
They were made by Polly Page...a primitive artist from Pleasant Hill, Tennessee.
Polly was a school mate of my husband's grandmother, Annie Grant Keeling.
When they were little girls they were taught hand carving in their little country school in the early 1900s. Polly's dolls are sought after by collectors from around the world.
When my husband was a little boy he would sit and play in the woodshavings
while his Grandma and Polly spent hours together happily visiting and carving.

I love adding lame' to many of my miniatures. I think it adds a bit of warmth and interest.

"Christmas Kitties"The whispy whiskers are stitched with DMC floss.

Sorry...I'm a little late at sharing a few of my Santa Quilts...

I had so much fun making this Santa Quilt. It is one of my favorite little quilts.
The authors of the book "Little Quilts All Through The House" are
Mary Ellen Von Holt, Alice Berg & Sylvia Johnson.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my home.

I love to quilt and find sewing miniatures right up my alley.
They are inexpensive and easy to finish.
I love sharing sewing projects and hope they serve to inspire you to create.

Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

We're still waiting for our grandbaby boy to make his appearance...I will post when he arrives!

"Create in me a pure heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

I'm linking to my favorite blog parties and giveaways this coming week.
I invite you to visit my sidebar and link up with each one.
I know they would love having you as their guest.

antique, art, Christmas, cottage, favorite, god, Heart, home, HOPE, house, and more:

Relevant to: Little Quilts + love