MISS MOOX + Movie Reference

Sugarbakers

Ok, so everyone knows the quiz "Which character are you: Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda or Samantha?" Well I want to know..."Which character are you: Julia, Suzanne, Mary Jo or Charlene? I am definitely a Julia (minus the anger and sophistication) with a lil' splash of Mary Jo.

Why o' why can't there be a Designing Women network? Or at least a DVD box set! (Anyone find it? I can't). As a young girl growing up in Atlanta, I would watch Designing Women and think how I wanted to be just like these hilarious and well dressed (ha!) ladies when I grew up. I still hope to have a store/design firm one day where I work with good friends and we sit around gossiping and telling funny stories while someone cues a laugh track. And maybe if I am really lucky I can even employ a wise cracking ex-con to do our deliveries!

The exterior of Sugarbaker & Associates Interior Design is The Villa Marre, a Victorian mansion built in 1881 and located in the MacArthur Park Historic District of Little Rock, Arkansas. It is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places.

Some classic quotes (via imdb.com)...

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you.
Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

Mary Jo Shively: We think that your friend, Monette might be practicing the oldest profession.
Charlene: You think that Monette is a carpenter?

Charlene: I asked this Northern woman, "Where are ya'll from?" And she said, "I'm from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions." So I said, "Okay, where are ya'll from, bitch?"

I think they took this picture at the same place my family took our church directory photo in 1986.

If you need a lil' something to wet your appetite click here!

art, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Sugarbakers + Movie Reference