MISS MOOX + wonderful

Wintry Blue

Blessings...to each one of you. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The holiday season is in full swing and I can't wait to join in. I've been itching to get my decorating started.

An elderly friend of my Mom gave her this vintage 1930s Bakelite Church. It winds up and plays a tinnie but sweet sounding tune.
Several years ago my Mom gave it to me.
It is a treasured keepsake.
I display it every year for Christmas.

Meet my beautiful Russian Blue , Abbie.
She is very sweet and extremely shy.
When I found her at the Humane Society
she was terribly traumatized.
It took me five years to win her trust and woo her into my lap.
Having, finally, conquered her fears
she has become my forever lap kitty!

,
Just a little nine patch quilt that I made a few years ago.
I always use cotton batting and unwashed fabric when I make my quilts.
After I have totally finished making the quilt I toss it into the washer...
(adding a cup of vinegar to set the color)
and, then, after washing on warm I, promptly, place it in the dryer.
All the cotton shrinks just a tad bit creating a soft, cuddly old fashioned looking and feeling quilt.

Now here's one laid back, Dude.
Schlomo is as mellow and easy going as can be.
You may ask, "Why the name, Schlomo?"
My husband is a violinist and a huge fan of the accomplished violinist...Schlomo Mintz.
It just happens to be that our last name is Mintz.
What can I say...It was my husband's turn
to name our newest pet.

It looks like I got my wish!
We've had several snowfalls in the past month.
The elevation here is 3,623 above sea level.
The ski resort at Mt. Bachelor is just 22 miles up the road.
At 5,700 ft. two feet of snow fell in just one day last week.

Thank you, my blogging pals,for your friendship and kind words.When I started blogging I had no idea how many treasured friends I would have the privilege of adding to my life.I am grateful for each one of you! Have a great week! Blessings,Carolynn xoxo

In case you're looking for my Tweak of the Week...
Here it is:

Originally, these HOME votifs were a rustic dark brown.
I spray painted them a soft blue and then gave them a coat of spray adhesive.
For a wintry touch I sprinkled them with glittery snow.
I love tweaking things to match the season
and for just a few dollars worth of paint and glitter!

"Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name;
worship the Lord
in the beauty of holiness."
Psalm 29:2

Linking To

Sunny Simple Life
www.sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com
Beyond the Picket Fence
www.deb4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com
Little Red House
www.dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com
The Dedicated House
www.thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com
Boogie Board Cottage
www.boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Cozy Little House
www.cozylittlehouse.com
Coastal Charm
www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
Knick of Time
www.knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Rose Chintz Cottage
www.rosechintzcottage.blogspot.com
Cedar Hill Ranch
www.cedarhillranch.blogspot.com
A Delightsome Life
www.blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com
Lavender Garden Cottage
www.lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com
Sue Loves Cherries
www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com
Timewashed
www.timewashed.com
Vintage On A Dime
www.vintageonadime.blogspot.com
Have A Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
www.jannolson.blogspot.com
Brambleberry Cottage
www.thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com
At the Picket Fence
www.atthepicketfence.com
Common Ground
www.commonground-do.com
French Country Cottage
www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com
Mockingbird Hill Cottage
www.mockingbirdhillcottage.com

art, Christmas, church, home, HOPE, house, ideas, love, road, time, vintage, and more:

Relevant to: Wintry Blue + wonderful