MISS MOOX + life

Feelin' Blue

My nephews are big on a few things right now: "How old are you?," "How are you related to my dad?" and "What is your favorite color?" I think they ask me these questions several times per visit. Cracks me up. My answer is always the same to all three. I am 24 (which is a lie). Your dad is my brother. And my favorite color is blue...always has been, probably because it is reminiscent of my love for the sea.

The shade of blue however, has varied over the years. As a child, I had a Williamsburg blue bedroom with a very traditional mahogany antique furniture as well as a floral comforter "set" complete with matching wall border (gag!). Then I went through a painful phase in high school where my entire wardrobe was navy (I blame The Gap because that was their signature color the few seasons I worked there). Next came the infamous royal blue LL Bean Pancho that I wore every day of college (whether it was raining or not) until my wise friend advised me to retire it...three years too late mind you. Now I would say that my favorite shade of blue is more of an aqua like the soothing Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue in my bedroom. Today I have an appreciation for all shades of blue and I am especially fond of the blues in the images above as well as the fresh, modern take on the classic blue and white color scheme!
~Images: 1) Unknown 2) Unknown but believe it is by Designer Mary McDonald 3) Deisgner Tom Scheerer 4) Ralph Lauren ad 5) Unknown 6) House Beautiful June 2001 7) House Beautiful 8) Designed by Amanda Nisbet 9) Designed by T. Keller Donovan

art, Color, inspiration, Interior Design, and more:

Relevant to: Feelin' Blue + life