MISS MOOX + Wall Art

Plates on a Wall

The concept of hanging plates on a wall is hundreds of years old however it has taken on a new, more modern approach in recent years. Originally a European tradition found in more ornate homes, you are now seeing this art form in all types of settings. The key to acheiving an updated, more modern look is to hang the plates in a graphic pattern or by using solid colored plates in various sizes.

I am about to embark on my first plate wall for a client so I am looking to these photos for inspiration. As you can see, the option are endless. The real trick is hanging them so I would suggest that you plan out your design before getting started!

And perhaps the most famous of them all...

However, I am leaning a bit towards something like this for my client...

~Images: 1) Southern Living July 2009 2) Designer Barrie Benson 3) Designer Courtney Giles 4) via Apartment Therapy 5) Country Home July/Aug 2008 6) via brabournefarm.blogspot.com 7) Brocade Home 8) The Viceroy by Designer Kelly Wearstler 9) House Beautiful 10) Unknown

art, inspiration, life, and more:

Relevant to: Plates on a Wall + Wall Art