MISS MOOX + life

Ombre

I just did a lil' "ombre" to my hair again. In hair color terms, this is a technique where the ends are "sun-kissed" to give the illusion of grown out color so it essentially goes from dark to light. Did it last fall/winter also. Takes a while to get use to but I do like it! Y'all should go see Turner at Canvas Hair, she is great and has been doing my hair for over ten years! However, I don't seem to look a thing like the inspiration photos I keep on my laptop...

ombre
Drew Barrymore-Ombre hair
ombre

But it is not because of Turner, I think I need a team of stylists, trainers, make-up artists and Photoshop-ers!

Generally speaking, "ombre" is a French term which means a graduated effect of color that ranges from light to dark tones which could be of one color or may be a shading of three of more colors for a "rainbow" effect. Seems like the "ombre" trend is showing up in more than just hair!

Like fashion...

ombre
ombre
ombre

And home decor...

ombre
ombre
ombre

And (gag) nails...

Ombre
Ombre
Ombre.

[Please don't do this, I beg of you.]

And even baked goods...

ombre
ombre!
ombre

art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Ombre + life