MISS MOOX + life

Catching Up...

Oh my goodness it has been a while! Well...so the holidays came and yada, yada. Then I went to Atlanta for market. Saw lots of pretty things...

While at market we went to hear Emily Henderson speak. My friend and I were such dorks...we were the first ones there! lol But Emily sat down with us and said "Please make friends with me because if we are friends I won't be as nervous!" So we did. She is ADORABLE!!! I mean really, really ADORABLE! Now what isn't adorable is this pic of me but what can you do...

That's my friend Lauren on the left.

Emily told us to call her while we are in L.A. and she would take us to all the thrift shops she knows of out there. I don't think she realizes that we really will call her! And maybe sleep on her couch.

While in The ATL I went to Scotts (for those of you not familiar it is a huge flea market that is open the second weekend of every month). The outside is my favorite part because it has the best deals. Well unfortunately it was like 30 degrees while I was there and I wasn't dressed for it so I (literally) put on all the clothes I packed. Remember that episode of Friends where Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes? That is what I looked like. Here are some things I saw (many of which came home with me!)

Funny story on this bowl...my friend and I both go "Woah, I've never seen anything like this!" (because it was in a booth full of hand-made stuff). Then looked up to see four more just like it. We died laughing. Yep, one-of-a-kind!

And I want you to meet my new friend, Bob. Bob is awesomness defined. He is witty and helpful and has this adorable wife Dorothy...I heart both of them.

Bob even stayed an hour late to help Lauren and I pack up our cars! See...

I told him there was no way he could do it and I think he just wanted to prove me wrong!

While at Scotts, I also found out my bank has a daily limit on ATM withdrawls. Who knew? Guess it is a protection feature in case someone stole my card and since I was in a different state maybe the bank was suspicious. No, it was just me overspending.

So what else have I been up to? Oh yeah, just being the chairperson for a black-tie event for 300 people. No big deal. I have plenty of spare time! It was this past weekend and I am beyond ecstatic that it is OVER! But was SOOO much fun! And we raised a lot of money for local breast cancer patients (the charity is SOS) which is the important thing but it was my swan song. I will post pics when I get the CD from the photographer but here is one to make you giggle...the name of the event is Black&White (started because the statistics of breast cancer are black and white) but we had the band Yacht Rock and the event was at a venue on the Harbor and we also did a nautical theme sooo I had a backdrop printed for a photographer to take photos like you were standing on the boat and had a bunch of silly props. Everyone got really into it which totally made my night! People were doing the "King of the World" from Titanic, and pretending to jump, puke (and pee) off the edge...it was hysterical!

Photos by Mahmood Fazal
This is me and my great friend, Mason, who helped me plan the event. I could not have done it without her! I heart her more than words (cue the song).

And until I have more pics here is a feature that Charleston Magazine did on the event.

And I've had lots of client work going on which I will update you on later as I'm excited about the progress on all these projects!!!

And I have been busy working on another BIG thing that I can't quite tell you about just yet but I will very soon so stay tuned my friends!

Maybe now you understand why I've been MIA! But I hope to be back in some sort of regular posting routine. I've missed you so! xoxo

art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Catching Up... + life