MISS MOOX + wonderful

Aprons Aprons!


Summertime Sewing...
I love...love...love aprons!

What a joy it was to stitch up these children's aprons for the precious little ones!
I thought I would share my latest projects.
There are four of them.

One of my favorite fabric collections...1930s reproductions.

Adding a ruffle in a coordinating print.

Close Up...
My favorite gathering method:
1. Knot one end of DMC floss and then...
2. Zigzag over floss (lay floss 1/4" from edge of fabric).
3. Find center of ruffle piece and apron and then pin together.
4. Tighten DMC until gathers are equally spread on both sides of center pin.
5. Pin entire ruffle in place.
6. Stitch carefully along gathered edge making sure to hide zig zag inside seam. (1/2" seam)
7. Remove DMC after stitching is complete.

(I like this method because the DMC floss doesn't break when gathering.)


I love using coordinates...the more prints the better!
The apron bodice is lined with a coordinating fabric for extra strength and wear.


Making my own "Chenille Cottage" labels
and adding them discreetly to the inside of the apron.



Red, white and blue beach balls.
I love sewing with my favorite color...
RED!


My signature label...


PINK POODLES!
Ooo Lah Lah!


Feit Avec Amour
(Made With Love!)


Vintage reproduction prints
add such a sweet old fashioned look to this little apron.


Instead of a tie...I chose to add a "scrunchy" that slips over the child's head.
It's so much softer on a little ones neck.

Thank you for spending time with me in my sewing room.

I love to sew
I love sharing my latest projects
and
I love blessing others with the work of my hands.

Have a wonderful week, my sweet friends!

Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Thank you to my sweet friend, Jann...for featuring my aprons
on your lovely blog.
I hope you'll take a moment and pop in and say hello.
"Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson"
www.jannolson.blogspot.com

Thank you, Elaine, for featuring me on
"Sunny Simple Sunday".
I hope you stop over and visit her blog.
"Sunny Simple Life"
www.sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com

art, favorite, home, HOPE, love, room, summer, time, vintage, and more:

Relevant to: Aprons Aprons! + wonderful