MISS MOOX + wonderful

October on the Oregon Coast

Along the beautiful Oregon Coast Where I grew up...

I've had a wonderful few days visiting one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.
This little cove is called "Boiler Bay".
In the wintertime it's a boiling cauldron of white froth and waves that seem a mile high.
Please turn the volume all the way down...The strong winds sound awful!

Looking south toward "Yaquina Head Lighthouse".
As a teenager I used to spend the entire day on a Saturday strolling along the water's edge.

"Yaquina Bay Bridge" built in the 1930s. It's on the National Registry of Historic Places.
It's Art Deco and Gothic design is stunning.

As far as the east is from the west
the north from the south...

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will hold me fast.
Your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
The night will shine like the day,
for the darkness is as light to you."
Psalm 139:7-16

Beautiful Yet Treacherous Pacific Coast of Oregon
Brave hearted fishermen earn a living fishing for crab, salmon and tuna.
I'd like to dedicate this mural to
"Gustolph "Gus" Wagner"
who perished at sea in 1962.
He was my Sunday School teacher's loving husband.

Along the waterfront are many beautiful murals
painted by Oregon artist
Rick Chambers.

Abundant Harvest from the Sea

Thank you for joining me as I revisited the places that I love
from my childhood.

I hope you are having a wonderful day,
my dear blogging friends.

Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo


Linking with

"Share Your Cup Thursday"
www.haveadailycupofmrsolson.blogspot.com
"Coastal Charm"
www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
"The Charm of Home"
www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
"The Brambleberry Cottage"
www.thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com
"Lavender Garden Cottage"
www.lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com
"Ivy and Elephants"
www.ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
"A Delightsome Life"
www.blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com
"Mockingbird Hill Cottage"
www.mockingbirdhillcottage.com
"French Country Cottage"
www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com
"Country Girl at Home"
www.countrygirlathome.blogspot.com
"Common Ground"
www.commonground-do.com
"Fresh Eggs Daily"
www.fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com
"Rooted in Thyme"
www.rootedinthyme.blogspot.com
"Etsy Cottage Style
www.etsycottagestyle.blogspot.com

art, favorite, Heart, home, HOPE, house, love, time, and more:

Relevant to: October on the Oregon Coast + wonderful