MISS MOOX + life

Lonny Feature: Ruthie Sommers

I know this came out a while ago. Don't hate! One of my New Year's Goals is to actually start reading magazines in a timely manner again. Regardless of when I read it, I loved reading the article about Ruthie Sommers in the Dec/Jan issue of Lonny Magazine. If you get it, this says it all..."For design lovers of a certain ilk and era, Sommers and Bear are the fronzen-in-time poster for a decorating revolution. As the initial face of the much-loved, game-changing magazine [Domino], Sommers emobdied a shelter-world Carrie Bradshaw-as aspirational yet relatable high-style champion who's infectious energy and penchant for mixing modern with vintage and classic inspired a legion of readers to dream I can do that too." As I sit here at my desk typing this, I look to my own inspiration board and stare at the magazine page I ripped from that very first Domino issue.

I always wanted to have my own shop and run my design firm out of it and she was a huge inspiration to me! Here she (and Bear) are eight years later in her ranch house...

Thanks Lonny for the update on one of my design idols! Can't wait to see more from her.

Eclectic is a Charleston, South Carolina based full-service boutique interior design firm in specializing in the design of residential projects including entire homes and the styling of individual rooms. We also offer virtual e-design services. Please email sidney@eclecticcharleston.com for additional information.

Eclectic is a retail shop/design studio located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina (just over the bridge from downtown Charleston) selling an array of vintage mid-century pieces, repurposed items, new products and locally made creations with a fresh Modern meets Coastal aesthetic.

art, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Lonny Feature: Ruthie Sommers + life