MISS MOOX + life

Decorganizing Wednesday: Shoes



Ahh, shoes.

As you may know, in addition to being an interior designer, I am also a closet designer. And every (and I do mean every!) client says "Oh, I have A LOT of shoes!" But what I find funny is that "A LOT" is a relative term. What is A LOT of shoes to you? 20 pair? 200 pair? 2, 000 pair?

There once was an old lady who lived in a shoe...er house...who had so many shoes that she didn't know what to do. So she called me. Seriously, she easily had 2, 000 pairs of shoes covering every square inch of space in her bedroom! Not to mention trash cans full of shoes hidden in her closet. She wanted a place to house her addiction. I, on the other hand, wanted to give her the number of a good therapist.

So after that experience, I find it funny when people with 20 pair of shoes tell me they have "A LOT" of shoes. But whether you have 20 or 2, 000 you must find a way to store them, right? So here goes...

Do you line them up in a row?

Or do you encase them like important artifacts?

Or do you display them like a tabletop vignette?

Or do you have a mini-photoshoot with your footwear and label their boxes by photo?

Or do you just label them?

Or do you have a super creative solution that makes your shoes look like art? Let's face it some of them are! I mean Milano's were not made for walkin'!

Or do you mount them on the wall for easy viewing?

Let's face it, I am not reinventing the wheel here, just showing you some inspiration! But speaking of a wheel, check this crazy-ass thing out...

WTF?

It is like a game show...step right up and spin the wheel to see what shoes you will wear today!

art, Closets, Decorganizing Wednesday, inspiration, and more:

Relevant to: Decorganizing Wednesday: Shoes + life