MISS MOOX + wonderful

"Very Cherry 1940s Apron"

Hello...My sweet blogging friends!
In my post I'd like to share some of the bright red cherries that are sprinkled throughout my home. From cotton aprons trimmed with old fashioned red rick rack to cozy quilts...They are all such a lovely addition to any country cottage decor!

Each year my sister, Sherry, blesses me with lots and lots of cherries. I like to dehydrate and then freeze them. They are delicious in homemade ice cream, nut breads and homemade granola bars!

I've been busy in my sewing room this past week making up thissweet little 1940s vintage apron.I found this wonderful vintage pattern thenmodified it a bit for this apron.

Pardon my camera exposure...The apron looks blue, but it's black with tiny little cherries
and cherry red rick rack.

Aprons always look so sweet garnished with rick rack.
The original 1940s vintage pattern incorporated lots and lots of it.

I was thrilled to find this 1940s Vintage Apron pattern.
When I have an etsy shop I will be stitching up
these darling aprons for sale.

I love...love...love the back of this apron.
If you look closely there is a band between the shoulders to
prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.
I attached the straps at the waistband
with buttonholes and shiny black buttons.

The finishing touch!

MORE CHERRIES! 


The table runner with the bright red cherries was lovingly made by my sister, Patti, for my birthday.
Doesn't it look pretty snugged in with the vintage quilt and red pillows?
(I "TWEAKED" this sadly worn antique settee...It's in dire need of a
new upholstering. All the soft textiles offer a simple disguise!)

So many of my blogging friends have a penchant for cherries.
And, so do I!

HERE ARE A FEW CHERRIES FROM AROUND MY HOME.

This is a closeup of a large tole painted glass jarthat I store my twill tape that I use for my"Chenille Cottage" labels.

Isn't she lovely! My darling adopted daughter, Paula, from
"Rose Fairie Cottage" made this sweet little quilted portrait
for me for Mother's Day.

(This is the fabric I used to recover my ironing board.)
Thank you my sweet friends for stopping by for a visit.

How I would love to share a slice of freshly baked cherry walnut bread
and a hot cup of tea with each one of you!

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8

LINKING WITH

"Sunny Simple Sundays"
www.sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com

Common Ground

www.commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com

Cozy Little House

www.cozylittlehouse.com

NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY
www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com

www.kathewithane.blogspot.com An Oregon Cottage

www.anoregoncottage.com Lavender Garden Cottage Linky Party

www.lavendercottage.blogspot.com Sue Loves Cherries

www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

www.jannolson.blogspot.com A Delightsome Life

www.blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com The Brambleberry Cottage

www.thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com The Charm of Home

www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com Common Ground

www.commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com Blog Party Sunday-Show Off Your Handmadeswww.byyourhands.blogspot.com

antique, art, home, homemade, house, love, room, vintage, and more:

Relevant to: "Very Cherry 1940s Apron" + wonderful